You Too, Can Be A Rock Star Sponsoring Machine, When You Follow The 12 Commandments Of Building Rapport
It was the summer of 2007 and I was at another “business meeting”. A handful of guests and about 70 associates were sitting in their chairs ready to hear about an opportunity. Then it happened. The guest speaker was introduced and even though I had heard the opportunity many times before, I sat on the edge of my seat for the entire 30 minute presentation.
Was the information shared the same? Yes
Was the opportunity the same? Yes
What was different? The presenter.
He had mastered the art of connecting and communicating and for those 30 minutes I found myself with pen and paper in hand taking massive notes. Yes, I had pen and paper in my hand in previous meetings but mostly just doodled and nodded my head during the presentations not really paying attention and finding my self mentally wandering.
But ZAP!!! This guy was different. I desired, wanted, and needed to hear what he was going to say next.
That night my mind was racing with excitement. I discovered someone who “got it”. After replaying the meeting over and over in my mind, I realized a few key elements that he used to make a dynamic connection with his audience.
Here are the “12 Commandments of Building Rapport”
1. Thou shalt show respect to thy audience.
2. Thou shalt meet with and greet members of the audience before thy talk…shake hands, learn their names.
3. Thou shalt begin on time.
4. Thou shalt give small presents to thy audience.
5. Thou shalt maintain eye contact for several seconds with each audience member.
6. Thou shalt use some of the same jargon, buzz words, and language patterns during your presentation you pick up from greeting them before the meeting and acknowledge participants by name.
7. Thou shalt show appreciation and give a sincere compliment.
8. Thou shalt use a mini break to socialize with audience.
9. Thou shalt seek feedback from audience on comfort: room temperature, volume level, etc.
10. Thou shalt give praise to audience members making them heroes.
11. Thou shalt be a good listener: listen to the full comment, pause, and implement the comment into thy presentation.
12. Thou shalt mirror thy audience’s speaking patterns- if they talk slow, then slow down, if they talk fast, then you talk fast.
Incredible ! This guy communicated the same information and using these 12 Commandments become a magnet for spectacular results.
Group meetings, one on one, teleconferences, and webinars. These are the high tech and high touch way of communicating with our prospects and clients. And, you may even have one scheduled for today. When you find yourself communicating with your clients and prospects today, use these 12 Commandments to develop into a Rockstar Communicator.
Wealth and Prosperity
P.S. If You Are Struggling In Your Business, It Doesn’t Have To Be This Way. If You Want Help Achieving Success And Be On A Winning Team Listen To My Special Recorded Voice Message Just For You At 641-715-3900 access code 924834#